The west coast..


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
March 6th 2006
Published: March 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

moon risingmoon risingmoon rising

this picture doesn't give the moon rising justice..but it was quite something
i have not had computer access for the past weeks..so i am now updating on what has happened.

On 6th March Kelly and I flew to Cape Town where we spent just 2 days in disa's mum's house in a beautiful town called Claremont. Her house was right on the beach and was so stunning. I didn't get to see much of Cape Town cos from here we drove 3 hrs to the west coast and holidayed here for a week.

The west coast was by far the best place i have been to..beautiful clear skies everyday and sunsets over the ocean. Got to do some diving, but the water is really cold here so thick wet suits were a must. i didn't see any sharks only little sand sharks unfortunately but later on i saw some dolphins jump clear out of the water i had never seen dolphins before so that was pretty awesome. i have some really funny piccies of me diving, i will try and get them on here but they are on Kelly's camera which she doesn'[t have on her right now..i know this is lame!!!

Anyway, we caught crayfish one night..how decadent! and
sun set on west coastsun set on west coastsun set on west coast

this was B.E.A.utiful
every night caught and ate mussels and limpeds. Limpeds are really chewy to eat so we had to bash them with rocks till they were flat then boil them or BBQ them. One night Johan and Disa's friends were staying one of the guys is from Belgium and he made a mussel dish that they have in Belgium was so yummy but he had put heaps of pepper in and it had quite a bite to it..but i handled it.!! Well i did lots of sunbathing here and i went in the water for about 20 mins, only me, Johan and Disa would do it no one else cos it was soooooo cold - my legs went bright pink but iwas very proud of myself!

On the last night we drove to this lighthouse and on the way saw some bat-eared foxes on the road, we stopped and admired them but no one had a camera..darn it!

My time here was simply awesome and really relaxing. i managed to pick up a good tan, which is slowly fading now as we have not seen much sun on this farm. The views were breathtaking and i didn't want to
taking the plungetaking the plungetaking the plunge

getting kitted up for my 1st divng experience in cold cold water
leave but Kelly and I were flying to Durban to stay with Johans bro andrew and his wife Diedre on their farm which is where i am now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb