South Africa/Swaziland/Mozambique2nd-16thAugust


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Winkhoek to Capetown,our 1st flight since Spain! Long st Backpackers was our home for 3 nights in Capetown. We spent an alcoholic day in Stellenbosch visiting wineries-another in Simonstown in quest of the African Penguin and another seeing the Capetown sights but we were didn't to go to table mountain due to cablecar maintainence. Naturally there were lots of restaurants and beers.
Flying to Durban we stayed with Sabrina and Kal for a couple of days. We met Sabrina in west Africa on our truck trip and she and Kal were great hosts. We took the Bazz bus to Swaziland and then van to Maputo where we stayed at "the Base" backpackers. Maputo is great-a mixture of big city , Portuguese coffee shops and pleasant city streets and buildings. Recovering from the civil war and rebuilding,it is still unsafe. A quick bus trip to Tufu beach -500 kms up the coast and a few days on the beachfront at Fatima's Nest backpackers. Sun surf and food including the giant Mozambique prawns were the order of the day and we stayed in a grass hut.We bussed to Johannesburg and after a night we were on our way back to Australia after a quick 2 day stop in Kuala Lumpur. We were away a few days less than 6 months and now we were on our way home and plotting more travels.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb