Last 3 Days in Cape Town (or 2?)


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last 3 days in Cape Town

Our first few days in Cape Town at the start of the trip were marred by fog and heavy clouds across Table Mountain giving us nothing to see.
Hopefully the sun would be out on the last 3 days back in town.
After leaving Stellenbosch (all car windows intact) we checked into the Radisson on the Cape Town waterfront with beautiful sunshine lighting up the mountain - Hooray!
Bags dumped we headed straight out for photo opportunities.
Next day we headed out early to avoid queues up to the Table Mountain cable car.
The trip to the top of the mile high peak was super quick and stomach churningly high, the cable car actually spins round so all the people get a view around them.
The table top was covered in Japanese tourists so we decided to go on a small walking tour with English speaking guides who took us on a 2 hour long trip around the top of the mountain.
Jill reacquainted herself with her Rock Dassie animal friends, this time they were more content with posing for photos rather than chasing after her trying to bite ankles.
So after some fantastic views were captured we headed down or the last 2 days of sightseeing and general Cape Town lazing about, typical we leave the relaxing part of the holiday with no timetable to maintain for the last 2 days !!!
Gary went on a Kelp dive at the Aquarium and fed some of the fish their lunch whilst Jill stayed dry on the other side of the glass.
Massive steaks and our best bottle of red wine purchased in Stellenbosch were our end of holiday slap up meal at Nelson’s Eye steak house on Saturday night.
We head out of Cape Town to the airport at about 8pm today (Sund 25th May 2009). It’s pretty foggy at the coast today so I guess we were lucky we caught Table Mountain when we did.
A big lunch with a nice bottle of wine we bought a few days ago (to lighten our checked in luggage which still contains a few bottles!!) will be the order of the day today!

STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS STOP PRESS

Just before we published this entry we noticed a small issue with our flight back.
We were supposed to be on it last night !!!
We were supposed to fly out on the 24th May but are sitting here in Cape Town on the 25th…… HELP!!
A few phone calls and finger nail bitings later Gary’s Dad “Stormin Norman” has managed to convince KLM that we did in fact intend to fly out a day later so we are all sorted for checking in tonight - PHEW!!

After having the car broken into and mixing up our return flights Sweep has been sacked as our security and travel advisor.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb