Quick Update


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 17th 2005
Published: September 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys!!!

We thought we'd give you a quick update and write more details later, it's hard to find computer time here because South Africa is absolutely amazing!! It is by far the best place we have been and the highlight of our trip thus far, we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

So, we started off in Jo'Berg and went on a Safari, which was very cool. We saw the big five: Leopard, lion, elephant, buffalo and rhino. As well as giraffes (tons of them), impala, monkeys, baboons, hyianas (not sure on the spelling), zebras and many many more...it was something else seeing them so close. Then we flew down to Capetown and did a Township tour. A township is basically an area of a city, or just an area that people live in shacks, it is very sad and unbelievable that people live in such horrible conditions. The next day we went.....GREAT WHITE CAGE SHARK DIVING!!! The coolest thing we have ever done!!! We'll write more next time, but we both survived it and have tons of stories to tell. Then we hiked up Table Mountain which completely kicked our butts, it was basically climbing straight up for 3 hours in the hot hot sun, but the views were very rewarding at the top. Now we are in Stellenbosch which is northeast of Capetown. It is in the winelands area. We have rented a car with 2 other guys from America that we met at our hostel and have been driving around the area. It is gorgeous with mountains and vineyards. Justin was voted to be the driver, and me the navigator so that has been quite the interesting trip since they drive on the left side of the road here and have roundabouts. We only have a few days left in South Africa so Justin and I plan on renting a car and driving the Garden Route which is along the southern coast of South Africa and is supposed to be very scenic.

Hope all is well with everyone and we'll write soon with all the fun details of our excursions here. Hope to hear from everyone soon as well!!

Beth and Justin



Advertisement



19th September 2005

Beth and Justin, Glad to hear that you are loving beautiful South Africa as much as I did! I have been enjoying reading about all of your adventures. Save travels!! Kelsey Malm :)

Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb