A Day at Mzoli's in Guguletu


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
July 30th 2005
Saved: September 7th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today after a VERY early morning of SHARP training for me I went to Gugletu a township of Cape Town to enjoy a Saturday afternoon of drinking, eating, and watching soccer and rubgy. My friend Ellie's roommate Funeka invited us to join her and her friends to this weekly event. Mzoli's is a little place that hosts neighborhood people to come watch the soccer and rugby games which are projected onto a large screen under a large tent. There is a meat market that you go in and select your meats and order your sides and they cook it all in a smokehouse and bring it on a platter to your table. You buy your bread and drinks from separte little shops in the area. The food was AMAZING and tasted a lot like the texas bbq i miss so much. We ate with our hands and cleaned up by licking our fingers and using white bread to clean our mouths. We brought our No Name wine from Pick n Pay and also drank some more Savannah Ciders which they should export to the US soon! It was a great long afternoon and early evening and it was my first real taste (pardon the pun) of South African life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Happy TimesHappy Times
Happy Times

Soo . . .i'm really really really tired because i went to bed the night before at 4 and had SHARP training at 8 AM and then went straight to Gugletu from training . . .so this is the best picture i could find and that's saying a lot!


Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb