visit to the township and hiking up the mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
July 27th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I will have to keep this blog short, because i am running out of internet time, but here it is in a nutshell.

I went on a township tour in the morning, and what an experience that was. Actually hard to put into words... walking through the slums os Cape Town... having a "home made beer of corn and maze in a squatters shag, visiting a kindergarten with the most beautiful children, seeing the living conditions in a "hostel" where 16 families live in 6 rooms with one toilet, one cold water faucet, and a small room that serves as a kitchen, seeing an outreach program at work that educates women in simple crafts, so that they can support their children... impression that will be with me forever.

after that very sobering and highly interesting and educational experience in the morning, my friends Daniel and Felicity (Australian) and i decided to be brave enough and hike Table Mountain! YEAH!!! it was cold, windy, we had a bit of hail, a bit of snow, a bit of rain, and beautiful sunshine when we got to the top!!! The wind however was gail force and somethin i have never experienced before up top! My face is still red and glowing.

well this is it, 1 min . left


cheers everyone

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb