Cape highlights tour


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 29th 2006
Published: September 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Cape highlights tour

 Africa » South Africa » Cape Town By jenron
September 29th 2006 We joined our dapperly hatted guide Isadore (Izzy) and a multinational group of Irish,Germans and French for a days tour by minibus. Izzy was able to switch easily between English and French. First came a trip along the beautiful Chapman's Peak road. The early mist over Capetown itself cleared quickly so we had superb views. The clouds still clung picturesquley to distant peaks. We followed the west coast of the Cape peninsular past the bays used for breeding by Southern Right Whales then inland to the National Park of the Cape of Good Hope. At the cape itself it was cold, dull and blustery. Along the coast we saw distant whales which were quite active. We saw our first unlovable baboons. We visited a jackass penguin colony where a boardwalk allows you to get very close. Many of the penguins were in moult. We stopped for lunch in the pretty university town of Stellenbosch, where it was very hot and sunny. We visited another winery and enjoyed more wine (and cheese) tasting before heading back to town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Our guide Izzy and JenOur guide Izzy and Jen
Our guide Izzy and Jen

(Jen is the one on the right)
Chapmans Peak Road viewChapmans Peak Road view
Chapmans Peak Road view

The mist was still rolling over the hills across the bay


Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 72; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb