Cape Town - Plan B


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
June 23rd 2018
Published: June 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

One of Tom’s shoes needed repairs, so after buffet brekky (smoked trout on toast, Tom had an omelette!) we got Radisson‘s shuttle down to the V&A Waterfront shopping precinct (Victoria and her son Alfred, not Albert her husband). We found the shoe repairers and he said it would be needed to be sent off site for proper stitching, but on hearing that we aren’t here for much longer, decided to hand stitch the shoe today! So we left it with him, and walked up to the street where we caught a red explorer bus with the passes we bought online.

The bus took us up to the cable car station halfway up Table Mountain, but alas, there was so much wind that the cable cars weren’t running. The people there very kindly offered to process our refund (we’d prebooked online) on the spot.

So we continued our city tour on the red bus and it took us to the aquarium, which we’d also purchased tickets for online. It was very interesting and had a lot of people there. It was very child friendly, and I think today was the first day of their school holidays. Being a cold and windy day, it was a great day to go to the aquarium.

After the aquarium we walked back to the V&A shopping centre and had lunch In one of the original pubs, Ferrymans. They were televising some game on televisions, and Australia was playing Ireland, and we lost, which pleased the crowd who seemed to be British. There’s some big game on at the stadium this evening too. But lunch was good, braised lamb shank with a nice Shiraz or two.

We entered the shopping centre and found the Out of Africa shop, which was interesting. Then we had some mango sorbet in a cone, and went and picked up Tom’s shoe, nicely repaired.

When we exited the shopping centre it was to find pouring rain, so we went to the pick up area for the Radisson shuttle and returned to our hotel.

Our tour group? There is none! It seems no-one in Australia chose the same date as us, so the African agent just adds Tom and I to the tours they normally operate. We were supposed to join up with our tour group after Victoria Falls (it was an added supplement), but there was no-one else in our hotel on our tour. I really like that. We can mingle with the people on our day tours, enjoy their company, and then never see them again.

And you know how they have “hoek” on the end of a lot of their words? It means corner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb