The Hike Up To Lions Head And the Spectacular Drive Around the Peninsula


Advertisement
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
April 6th 2018
Published: April 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Up until now, the enchanting landscapes that are synonymous with Capetown and it's surrounding coastline, had been hidden from us, due to steady rain and fog. Part of me was actually quite fine and content with the fact that it was raining again during our stay; Capetown is enduring one of the worst droughts in it's history, so every drop was very much needed. There has been so much speculation ab... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Camps Bay BeachCamps Bay Beach
Camps Bay Beach

Looking for a restaurant



18th April 2018
A kiss on top of the world

When the drought broke
Of the thousands of photos of our travels there are just a handful of Denise and I together at a view to die for. This for you may be one such pic...for the ages...maybe for the family album. I wouldn't shut my eyes on such a precarious place but hey...you get the photo! Maybe it should be called "When the drought broke"...but only time will tell if that is so.
19th April 2018
A kiss on top of the world

When the drought broke...
Hello Dave! I know what you mean, I didn't want to look away for a second! It was hard enough we had to for the photo, but trust me when I say our gaze was stuck on that scene forever after. What a great place. Thank you for the title recommendation, I might have to take you up on that :)
19th April 2018

The sun makes all the difference!
Glad the sun came out for you on the day of the hike... not sure I would have enjoyed hiking over wet rocks! But it looks like they won't be turning their taps off this month as predicted, fingers crossed they have a very wet winter. Your photos are so beautiful, it really is a gorgeous part of the world. Hope you enjoyed going bush :)
27th April 2018

Thank you Ren & Andrew!
Yes you are right, hiking over wet rocks sounds like a risk we're not willing to take! Thank goodness the sun eventually came out for a little bit during our stay. We are definitely keeping Capetown in our thoughts and prayers as they approach winter time. We wish nothing but the best for this city and it's inhabitants, even more so now that we got to experience it's beauty and genuine kind people :)
24th April 2018

Cape Town in September
We are exciting about our upcoming trip and truly enjoyed reading your adventure. I won't be able to do that hike because of my fear of falling but loved your views. We will see the penguins, hopefully whales and taste a few wines.
26th April 2018

Have a great time in September!
Dave and Merry that sounds like a truly great way to enjoy Capetown. I wish we had had more time for the vineyards which look so dreamy! I saw a few people do a 5-10ish minute hike on Lions Head which is just right at the base of the mountain before it gets too steep or strenuous which may appeal to you, and it's free. It still gives you such pretty views and you might even get to see the whales from that point :) Looking forward to reading about your trip and I hope you get to see many amazing whales!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb