Can you spot the Buffalos??


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
November 5th 2006
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided whilst in Africa to go on a day Safari- and what a great decision. We left hotel at 6.50 am (which sucked) but when we got there about 2 hours later, again was well worth it.
So we got in the jeep for 3 hour safari... and was it bumpy... well we were sat on back seats (Riks decision). ...was great fun though.

We saw some amazing wildlife, zebras, wilderbeasts, rhinos, zebras, cheetahs, springbok, snakes and many more. Ill never forget getting out of the jeep and walking towards a group of Giraffes... it was truly amazing.

It was also great to see the lions... even if their story is very sad. Believe it or not some very sick people (and unfortunately I understand its predominantly rich yanks and russkis) like to go to africa to shoot lions. Well as they arent great shots lions are bred for this purpose- even though illegal. Thankfully these lions were the lucky ones as they had been rescued and they were trying to rehabilitate them.

So we had seen loads of animals.. but we couldnt find the buffalos anywhere!!Our guide frantically drove around like a mad woman and we found them.....

It was a great day and we even got a yummy dinner throw in. So yes we went to the cinema again and had a yummy dinner...Now let me tell you about dinner.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb