Monday 21st


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town » Camps Bay
November 21st 2016
Published: November 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

As previously alluded to in previous blog sleep is important at our age and I didn't sleep well last night but we were all up early and ready to leave at 10am but then Chockey decided he needed to use downstairs loo. We have had a wee problem with lock on door and we agreed wouldn't lock door but Chockey thought our maid was coming in so he locked the door. So guess what - the old codger locked himself in!! So we had to phone emergency "cooncil joiner". Teddy and his 3 pals duly arrived and set him free - not before he tried to get out bathroom window but skinny as he is this was nigh on impossible.

We then set out for Table Mountain which is only five minutes from us but old duffers that we are we didn't book tickets. The queue was ginormous so Fred tried to book tickets online while we were in queue.After much tooing and froing we got tickets and thought we were on our way. We got to top floor only for Lady Marmalade to tell us she couldn't scan our tickets on Fred's ipad so Fred and Chocks had to go all the way back down and get tickets printed off. We were so hungry by the time we got off cable car that we went straight to cafe for something to eat. If memory serves me correctly we weren't too impressed when we were here eight years ago with cafe and nothing has changed. Anyway was perfect day - blue skies and hot hot hot. The thing that struck we most was that here we were on top of a mounTain and the amount of folk walking around with a pint of beer or glass of wine in there hand was unreal. And where did all theses selife sticks come from - bizarre!! The wee boy in photo with us is Tomasz - his parents asked us to take photo and when they returned favour the wee boy wanted to be in our photo.

After leaving Table Mountain next stop Spar Shop to stock up. Had appetiffs on windswept balcony when we got back to villa but had to give in and have dinner indoors. In bed by 9.30 with a sleeping tablet and sunburned snitch - which is all I need!!

Factoid - Chockey tells us that not unusual to have strong winds this time of year and this is known as "Cape Doctor" which results in winds blowing away all diseases-maybe this will cure Chockey's cough and clear Fred's sinuses - we can but hope!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb