Cape of Good Hope and Cape POint+ Babboons


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Boulders Beach
June 20th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nopix yet-very difficult to find fast internet.

Idread thedayi will finally manage to do it because i have hundreds to post.

MOtodi and I decided to check out some of cape town today. We saw the cape town castle which looks similar to castle island in boston -so not too interesting.

Big Macs taste the same here.

So we drove towards cape point -0 the southern most point inthe african continent to check it out. Onthe way I have to stop to take a pic of a frikk in whale's tail sticking out of the ocean about 150 yards out. that was crazy.

afew minutes later i'm snapping pix with penguins onthe shoreline at boulder beach.

there is some commotion 200yards off shore and im trying tofigure outwtf it is - when i realize i'm looking at about 40+ dolphins racing through the water. If thatdidn'ttake the cake the 3+ orcas that were chasing them did.

so the sea life near the cape ios quite good.

next stop was the cape town light house where i saw the most brilliant thing.

On the way i hadto stop several times because of severe jay walking on the roads. TUrns out Babboons don't pay much attention to traffic. Yes, babboons on the roads...shocked the hell out of me - i had no idea they just chillinthearea around cape town.

so itwas all good so far right - pretty scenic and stuff -0 but whattook the cake was when wepassed a rest stop near teh road that had a picnic table which the babboons were making excquisite use of. THey must have chased away whoever was chilling out there before because they were having one hell of a time. ABsolutely too funny. WOn't ever forget that.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb