Travelling with Acacia Tours


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Middelburg
September 17th 2011
Published: October 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Acacia tours day 1Acacia tours day 1Acacia tours day 1

The three rondavels walk
The first day wiith Acacia tours - what a day it has been! We travelled out of J'burg at a chilly 5 am leaving the city in darkness and making our way up towards the olifants river. 1st stop at the services for breakfast overlooked an animal park where we got our first glimpse of rhino, ostrich and some white faced ducks - you'll never get a better view from the mens loos. Stretching our legs further along the road we stopped for a walk at the Blyde river canyon and later the three rondavels. Cueni - our guide told us the history of the area and how the river came to get its name meaning 'happy river'. We passed baboons sitting like kings on top of the rock formations looking out, as we were, at the amazing view. Accommodation tonight is at an amazing riverfront lodge- the Olifants River Lodge - we felt like we had struck gold with this place as wasnt expecting it to be so nice. Our room is all thatched with wooden beams, we've rigged up our mozzi net and I can hear hippos bellowing in the river metres from our door, insects buzzing in the lights outside and the odd crack of the open fire. ahhhh loving Africa!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb