Maqueda Lodge


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Marloth Park
July 7th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Room 3, Maqueda LodgeRoom 3, Maqueda LodgeRoom 3, Maqueda Lodge

Small (and dark) bathroom beyond, and a comfortable bed.
Geo: -25.3406, 31.7709

We arrived mid-afternoon. After a quick snack we headed off with Andy and Ela (from Salzburg) for an afternoon drive along the Crocodile River. Kruger Park lies on the other side of the river. Our guide said that the current cold snap would reduce the chance of seeing animals - when it's cold they don't necessarily need to water every day. We were pleased to see a sleeping hippo, then a bloat of five in the river. We also saw a family of five elephant, and a distant view of a buffalo. So, a pretty good first go. Tomorrow after a 5:30am start we spend the day in Kruger Park and hope to see lots of animals.

Our room is pretty but poorly lit, especially the bathroom. The lodge sleeps 12 people in five rooms and there is a family of six from SA, the Austrian couple and us. The lounge and dining areas are pole constructions without walls (a little reminiscent of Bali, but without the warm temperatures) and there is coloured garden lighting that looks attractive. See www.maquedalodge.com.

The Wi-Fi here is very slow so I won't be posting many photos until we get to somewhere with a faster connection.

Advertisement



8th July 2014

Robyn,Have a great birthday! Hope you see the Big 5 today!We're thinking of you and wishing we were there.Cheers,Carol and Lowie
9th July 2014

To J and C Thanks a lot had a great birthday. You guys would love this lodge. really friendly host ( couldn't be more helpful) and safari guide . The food is terrific great soups perfect steak and fresh vegs. See rest of blog for Sel's de
scription

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb