Exploring the Soutpansberg Mountains in Limpopo


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo
November 13th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

My stay in Venda is coming to a close. Ben and (hopefully) Frances will fly to South Africa this Friday (16th) and we will be touring around before flying to Zambia next week.

I took advantage of some beautiful weather over the weekend - it's getting hot as we close in on summer in the southern hemisphere - and drove to some local sites. Check out this website for more about the parks and waterfalls in the area. (http://www.vhembe.gov.za/index.php?page=tourism )

Many spots in this region have spiritual and magical qualities where you can talk to the ancestors and visit sacred buriel sites. One of the places we saw was Lake Fundudzi. The road was rocky and steep, so we didn't venture very far in my VW Polo - I needed more of a 4 wheel drive! But we saw it from a distance. We did visit Phiphidi Waterfalls - known for its mystical qualities and ancestoral spirits. Relaxing and fun for us. Pictured are Ethiopian, American, and Kenyan friends.

i'm looking forward to the next phase of this adventure, but will miss my friends, colleagues, and Venda in general. No worry, I'm sure I'll return one day!

Love to all, Ann


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb