Sorry, this should have gone on on Sunday...


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Ladysmith
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All. Had a bit of a lazy day today, relaxed as we were supposed to be going out, but our transport is out of action for the moment, so hopefully will be fixed tomorrow.
Friday we went out with the farm manager, checking fences, learning about controlled burning, keeping the grass fresh, the way the animals like it, and checking water holes, one of which was dry. It was a fairly easy day, travelling mostly in a truck around the reserve.
After that we went to a neighboring game farm for tea and stayed at a bush camp. It wasn't so much a camp as a hotel made of straw and stones. It was camping in luxury, hot water, fully equipped kitchen, nice big fire to sit round. We had a nice night.
The next day we were supposed to be bird-watching, but the weather was too dull and cold, and a lot of the birds have already migrated as its the start of winter here. But we had a good day none the less, wandering round, identifying what we could, saw a 2.5m African Rock Python, and then we had a late lunch at the Colenso Club.
Today was a very lazy day, spent most of it reading outside.
Back to work tomorrow, oh well.
Half way through now, will update in the next few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb