Trapping and building


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Ladysmith
May 12th 2010
Published: May 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello. I have gotten slightly used to being here now so no new photos as yet. We viewed the camera trap footage yesterday and got a few results, Impala, Kudu, Jackal, Rabbits, a Spotted gennet, and a Serval (small leopard type cat) which was very nice. We also had porcupine footage, which I am very pleased about because I really like them.
Today was quite difficult, we were cutting reeds. If you think cutting reeds doesn't sound like much fun you would be right, it was dull, and difficult. We are going to use them tomorrow to build a hide where we can view game from, so looking forward to the finished product.
We are also small mammal trapping every night, We had a shrew and a small rat this morning, so excited to see what we get tomorrow morning. Due to the traps being metal, and the hot days we need to get up early to release what we have, so up at 6 every morning this week.
That's all the goings on here at the moment. The theme for this week is hide construction, so that should be fun, and small mammal trapping (then releasing of course).
Will hopefully be able to post again before the end of the week, but are out camping on Friday so will try before then, with pic
Hope everyone is ok back there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb