Weenen Game Reserve


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » KwaZulu-Natal » Bergville
February 4th 2014
Published: February 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday morning the weather was better and we hitched up and finally hit the road. A very pleasant and easy drive of about four hours took us to Weenen Game Reserve where we were going to stay the night.

We were the only people there, I'm not sure the staff were really pleased to see us as they had been having a very restful time, they were very pleasant though. Andy managed to get in on the pensioner rate so he was happy.

We quickly set up camp and took a drive through the reserve. We saw quite a few animals but no rhino. I am told that the rhino have been moved because it is too easy to poach them from this small reserve.

Dinner cooked and eaten, sitting listening to the night animal noises it was lovely to be out in the bush again.

Next morning we took another game drive and saw jackal, large herds of Eland, ostrich and some of the more usual plains animals.

Wednesday morning we hitched up the van again (it's so nice not to have to pitch and take down the tent every time) and travelled to Hillcrest where we were going to spend a couple of days with friends Peter and Lisa.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb