Almost time to come home!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Free State » Bloemfontein
January 26th 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Still in Cape Town, we moved to Long Street which is a long street full of restaurants, bars and clubs. The street was always busy with people and noise from the bars all night which was nice while we were out, but got a little annoying when we wanted to sleep! The place we were staying had a balcony that overlooked the street so you could always see what was going on below. We were right in the heart of the street and all the excitement. While in Cape Town we did a wine tasting tour which started off with a bike ride to the first wine farm. We visited 3 farms and ended up pretty tipsy! Hehe!
After Cape Town we moved on to Oudtshoorn which was about a 5 hour drive away. We should have made it in less time than that but we managed to get a puncture on the way (must have been Francois' bad driving!) Lucky for us someone stopped to help us because our jack was rubbish and not working properly! So anyway we eventually made it to Oudtshoorn where we checked into the backpackers then went straight to an ostrich farm. Here they do tours and tell you all about the Ostriches, then they let you ride them if you want to. So of course I did! Yep, now I can actually say I have ridden an ostrich, and I also have some really funny pics to prove it! The next day we visited the Cango Caves where they take you into the cave system and show you around. We decided to do the adventure tour which meant they took us further into the caves where we had to squeeze through tiny tiny holes and tunnels. This was pretty scary at some points, but not too bad. The inside of the caves were breath taking, they really did look amazing. It was so hot and humid inside that everything you touched was wet, I think this helped us to slide through the small spaces!
Once we made it out of the caves safely, we left Oudtshoorn and set out on the long journey back to Bloemfontein. This was about an 8 hour drive so we had a couple of stops on the way. On one of the stops we stumbled across a natural waterfall which had a really deep pool at the bottom, and the water was really clear. It was such a hot day that we couldnt resist a swim to cool off. There were also some high rocks next to the waterfall, where we could jump into the deep pool. This was great fun, and a great way to end our travels.
Now we are back in Bloem and ive only got a couple of days before I head home. Ive already started packing and im not sure ill have space for all the stuff I bought, but ill fit it in some way! Hehe!

See you all soon! 😊 x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb