Springbok Diaries - 14 December 2020


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Saint Francis Bay
December 15th 2020
Published: January 24th 2021
Edit Blog Post

good morning walk good morning walk good morning walk

the beach is full of dry sea grass
Yesterday’s celebration for Nui’s birthday was a success. Only Nenad ate and drank too much. It is difficult to be disciplined with all that fresh food and delicious wine in this country. The last time Nenad ate a lobster thermidor was also at the shores of the Indian Ocean, in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania in 1980 (outsch). The owner the Italian restaurant a son of an Viennese father and Milanese mother, tried really hard to make it a special evening. He joined us for a longer conversation joking chatting, reminding us of our dear friend Domenico and the numerous Sole Mio celebrations we had in Bangkok. No we are not homesick at all, but miss our friends from Bangkok. And Nui who bravely is trying all sorts of different foods around the globe does miss her somtam ...

Today biking, relaxing by the pool of the villa, strolling along the beaches of St Francis Bay and Cape St Francis (which we liked better) was on the agenda. Observing the skills of the surfers and the might of the crushing waves in the sun gave us lots of satisfaction. Late afternoon we made our way to the lighthouse to accompany the sun setting into the Indian Ocean. And yes, we indulged in eating fresh seafood. Our accommodation is a lovely beach front bungalow with all needed necessities including pool. The view from the garden onto the ocean and overlooking the sandy beach gave it a special appeal. Only the summer temperatures have not come yet. There was always a cool breeze from the South bringing fresh air, not letting the summer heat settle in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

renting a bicyclerenting a bicycle
renting a bicycle

is the way to go

highly recommendablehighly recommendable
highly recommendable

if you stay in St Francis Bay
The Sands The Sands
The Sands

@St Francis Bay



lighthouse lighthouse
lighthouse

at Cape St Francis




Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb