Mission accomplished!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Elizabeth
August 21st 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I woke up this morning to the sound of South African bird calls--hadedahs and doves. 😊 After a quick breakfast of toast and tea, we got ready to meet Miss Tribe (my old head mistress) for tea. For some reason, I had the time mixed up, and in the middle of a comfortable cruise towards Park Drive, I realized that we were actually LATE! Mom quickly called Miss Tribe to apologize, and after three circuits around St George's Park, we stopped to get clearer directions. Forty-five minutes after we were due to arrive, we finally got to Park Drive Village and collected the dear woman. We had a lovely chat over tea and cupcakes at a little coffee/tea shop around the corner from her home.
After tea, we scurried over to Greenacres to meet my godmother, Denise for lunch. We had a very nice simple meal at Dulce. D and Mom had a great time revisiting their childhood together.
At 2:00, we buzzed out of Greenacres and headed to the airport, to fulfill the mission we had chosen to accept...to surprise Ruthie (my aunt) for her 60th birthday. It started to rain just before we pulled into the "shade parking"! We got into the airport about 15 minutes before Ruthie and John arrived from Cape Town. She was shocked and very pleased to see us. More tears! We followed Ruthie and John and their weekend hostess home, and spent the afternoon with them, waiting for my cousin Tessa and her family to arrive. They were driving in from Cape Town for the festivities. Mom and I sneaked out to visit the nearby Spar (grocery store) where we bought treats, and a sausage roll each--another item off our wish lists!
Supper was a crazy, noisy, fun affair--a braai, complete with boerewors, lamb chops and salad.
After securing a great set of directions, we headed home to Charon's.
Great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb