South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Alfred
February 25th 2017
Published: March 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

This week gave us an opportunity to have a real South African experience!

Everything started Saturday morning with the horse back riding. Although I like animals, I was quite scared in the beginning as I've never done it before. Fortunately, all the worries were for nothing as the horses were very obedient and we did not have any problems bigger than the stop when the horse wanted to eat. We had to go through the jungles, climb the hills and were awarded with a beautiful scenery of the sea. It was unforgattable! After that there was some time to rest and enjoy the fresh breeze at the seaside.

But it was only the beginning of our adventure. After a break, full of new energy, we were ready for the next stage. It was hiking through the jungles. We were with 12 girls, without any guide and the only orientation we had was yellow paint on the trees, which was supposed to lead us to the place where we could sleep. I should say that everything went very smoothly, we were enjoying the nature and getting more closely to our final point but after 2 hours of walking we noticed
that there were no more yellow signs on our way so we got lost! Fortunately it was not a big problem, we just had to go back and then we were on the correct path again but, honestly, it made us a bit nervous. 1 hour more and we came to our house for this night. It was a real tree house, with no electricity or water. Under the house there was a nice place for barbeque, where we actually spent the whole evening around the fire. It was also very nice to sleep, surrounded by a fresh air and voices of nature. I just woke up at night to check if there are no insects around me because I am very scared of them.

All in all, it was the best and most adventurous weekend we had in South Africa so far!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement





Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb