Zimmi Stick


Advertisement
Sierra Leone's flag
Africa » Sierra Leone
November 16th 2015
Published: November 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we head to kenema, stock up on food, fuel and water and head on route to the Liberian border. After making decent time we get stuck shortly after Zimmi ( a large village), we make food and after late evening attempts we sleep and negotiate a price with the owner of a crane truck in Zimmi ( fairly obvious he has is hands in illegal mining, quite a sketchy crew) after being towed out we continue toward the border on poor roads until reaching the last main obstpacle on the route; a steep soaking wet mud hill with no chance of us getting up. A local lad had build a bypass, and took payment for trucks to use, a great guy, his bypass was a lot better but still proved too steep and took around 3 hours to re landscape and gravel the steep for aminah (truck name) to climb. A lot of help from the local dude and crews from the back log of trucks behind. Myself and others spent some of the time relaxing in a local creek only to come out wearing a few Leeches hah. After eventually and miraculously getting over the steep we traveled as far as a small village and camped with kind permission on a military outpost.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb