heading to tanzania soon


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

we leave monday morning at like 5am for arusha, tanzania. i'm in an internet cafe trying to work on my paper that's due tomorrow, but i'm managing to avoid it by spending time doing other things... like typing this out. the keyboard is totally throwing me off because the enter and shift keys are shaped different - super annoying. i went to church today for the second time in many many years. the first time here i went to mass with my family (they're catholic) and the service was in kinyarwanda - it was interesting but really really hot. i spent the 4th of july at hotel de mille collines (aka hotel rwanda) - it was beautiful there, super fancy. um what else - i live right by the airport here in a nice house. yesterday i drove by the american embassy and was offended. of course they had in-ground lawn sprinklers and were using them (even though they have problems of water shortages and many people don't have running water in their houses). i should probably go do my paper before i lose all motivation for typing. i miss and love everyone and hope you all had a good 4th of july.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb