RWANDA!!!


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
May 20th 2008
Published: May 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!! We're now in Rwanda. The last week has been awesome. We spent a few days up in the mountains of the southernmost tip of Uganda, tracking golden monkeys (but unfortunately it was too windy to see any). So we ended up going caving in this cave that used to be inhabited by a village of pygmies. After the government gazetted the area as a national park they were forced to leave thier land which was really sad. But the cave itself was pretty cool. We had a good time hiking up the mountains that form the border between uganda, DR congo, and rwanda.

We left on saturday for lake bunyonyi, a verrrrrrrrrry chilled out place in the same area as mgahinga (where the mountains are). We spent a few days just chillin out, reading and swimming. And had delicious crepes!! We left there this morning and we're now in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. We're planning on seeing some of the memorials and then heading south to go tracking for chimps. Hopefully we'll have more luck with them than we had with the monkeys!!

Kelly: I totally thought of you when we were on safari, we saw these little deer that looked IDENTICAL to Clarice from Rudolph hahahaha!! And thanks for your message, Matt is taking great care of me 😊

The scenery here is absoultely stunning: big rolling hills that are all terraced and cultivated, mountains in the distance covered in clouds, and lakes that just appear out of nowhere as we're driving along. And speaking of driving: we had a hilarious incident a couple days ago on a bus trip we took that was so overloaded, Matt and I were sitting on the dashboard of a bus that had no functioning fuel meter, speedometer, and which needed 3 tire changes along the way..... SAFE!!! ahahah.... we're constantly covered in a thin layer of red dust from the road.

As always, we miss everyone tons and send our love... next chance we'll be back online to talk abot the next installment of our adventures!!

xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb