Individuals Who Help


Advertisement
Nigeria's flag
Africa » Nigeria » Niger Delta
March 17th 2014
Published: March 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The person who i decided to choose was Dr. Laura Satchel. Laura's global initiative is to help women deliver their babies safely in more than 20 developing countries. Laura was in Nigeria helping doctors give a C-section. During the C-section the lights went out and luckily Laura had a flashlight on her and the baby was able to be born. This wasn't the first time that that had happened to Laura during her visit in Nigeria. It happened several other times and Laura felt like she needed to do something about it. In case you didn't know Nigeria is one of the top 10 countries for women to have their babies in. Laura and her husband came up with the idea of a solar suitcase. It includes two solar panels. LED lights, headlamps, a fetal Doppler to monitor the babies heart rate, and it provides up to 20 hours of light. It also includes walkie talkies for better communication. In my opinion i think that Laura is making a difference because she is not only helping mothers have to kids in a safe environment, but she is also helping doctors and saving babies lives.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb