Day 15


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Rundu
September 1st 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

During the nite we were visited by elephants again, but this time the whole herd was walking through the camp, and around the tents it was brilliant. but this time alex and myself just slept through it.We spent the morning on the river which was spectacular. We say many different types of birds and managed to watch 2 hippo fighting for territory. Man that was something else. Blood flying everywhere but their sheer size and strength and speed!!! After we got back we packed up and left for Ngepi. But a unanimous decision was announced that Nambwa has been the best camp site we have stayed at so far in terms of beauty and things to see. When we arrived at Ngepi, we were very surprised! There are funny signs while driving to the camp, the place was clean and very colorful. The bar was unique with many different 'things' in it. It is eco friendly, solar geysers, power comes on at 10 am and goes off at 10 pm. The pool is a metal cage in the river (croc proof), the showers and toilets are all outside. The camp is run by younger people and hippies so there is color in everything. It was one of those refreshing stops you need every now and then. Definitely worth the stop.

Adrian's quote for the day: paradise was not meant for humans, we mess everything up.



Dylan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb