On honeymoon in Namibia!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Fish River Canyon
May 19th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I am on honeymoon! No, I have not got married that was Laura. I just decided to tag along!

We have been touring Namibia which has been fun. We started in the capital Windhoek before heading north to Waterberg Plateau. After that it was off to Etosha for some wildlife spotting. We saw lots and of animals including lions and rhino. We took note of Tanja's advice and stayed in the car at all times hence the fact that none of us got eaten!

Our next big wildlife spotting was at Cape Cross where we saw 200,000 seals! It was amazing to see so many together but they were very smelly!

After that we seemed to focus on sand and went to see the tallest dunes in the world at sossusvlei. Laura climbed up and ran down a big dune but I decided to stay in the comfort of her bag. I went to Dead Vlei though where the trees are thought to be 500 years old.

Our final stop was Fish River canyon - the second largest canyon in the world. The canyon might have been formed by the mighty Fish river but there was only a trickle in the bottom when we were there.

Namibia was great, I am now looking forward to my next adventure....



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th August 2007

Thanks
Thanks a lot 4 sharing your pics with us!! I-ve been at Waterberg Plateau n Etosha Natonal Pak also! Namibia is awesome but Mozambique is notonly praws n Beers. hehehehehehehehehehe. Come to visit here also. Love Namibia, Peace from Mozambique

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb