Giraffe Fest


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Etosha National Park
May 7th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 17 (Thursday 07-May-09, NJJ)

Left camp early again for game drive, nothing notable happened. At 10am stopped at Ilarli campsite for free time and lunch. At 2pm we started our “Giraffe fest'” Game Drive and saw over a hundred in total, also saw another male lion, and a small pride in the distance. We visited the salt pan which was very smelly. We saw an ostrich near the roadside whose innarrds seemed to prolapse as they randomly popped out and then back in of his bum- weird. Just before arrival at the Namutoni NWR campsite we witnessed a fantastic sunset over the salt pan which was surrounded by various beasties - definitely one of the highlights of the trip, Jamie even showed some emotion, there were lots of giraffes again and a herd of kudu including a very horny male. The salt pan, which is white in daylight, showed a range of colours as the sun was setting and at one point looked turquoise, white and lilac. I feel so privileged to be experiencing all of this and especially so as Jamie is fulfilling a lifetime dream to see these animals in their natural habitat. On cooking duty we made spag' bol'. We sat around telling a few jokes and then we watched some stand up comedy on Will's laptop and went to bed by 10pm after a quick, uneventful walk to the water hole.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb