It ain't 'alf hot mum!


Advertisement
Namibia's flag
Africa » Namibia » Etosha National Park
January 7th 2007
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks.

Well we've been through Namibia now and have landed in Cape town safe and well if a little exhausted.
Namibia was, without doubt, the hottest place either of us have ventured into.
We began with two days at Etosha national park where we saw loads of lions, rhino, giraffe, elephants etc. For those looking for a short safari break I'd definitely recommend it as the main campsite / resort Okaukuejo has a watering hole right next to it where, throughout the day, you can see loads of animals constantly streaming in for a drink.
Our final game drive on tour gave us the sight of a leopard stalking and chasing a springbok although we didn't get to see the kill as it disappeared into the trees.
We then headed to Spitzkoppe, a kind of Ayres rock of Africa, where we camped for the night in a cave before heading into the activity centre of Namibia, Swakopmund.
Linz went sand boarding and returned thoroughly knackered (there are no lifts up those bloody dunes) and we spent new years night on the beach by a huge fire.
On our way south we had one night at Sesriem followed by the view of the sun rising over the sand dunes and a guided walk in the Namib desert by some mad Japanese woman who kept bounding off despite the 40 odd degree heat!
We left the following day and headed down to Fish river canyon (the world's second largest canyon) and camped at a camp site owned, amazingly, by a couple of sixty something Bristolians!
After one more night camping we headed into South Africa and arrived here in Cape town around midday for our township tour before parting company with Koen and Ester, our Acacia tour leaders (who were ace, even if the trucks they use weren't).
Its been tiring and we're looking forward to a little rest and relaxation before exploring some more.

Till next time, take care all,

Bri and Linz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb