Fez - belly dancing


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 31st 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our Marrakesh riad advertised belly dancing but with a family of dancers I thought it would be more fun to have a lesson than watch it. I know, seems completely ridiculous but it turned out to be a great idea and lots of laughs and quite good exercise (which some of us need…). So we arranged it in Fez (our house manager organized it through Café Clock). The teacher was an American woman who had started belly dancing 10 years ago when she was 45 and has since learnt in Paris for a few months and is now married to a Moroccan and settled in Fez. She English at the local American school as well. She was just lovely. We went to her Dar (house) which was similar to ours, but different, and dressed the four of us in sparkly, jingly belts and scarf things. Mum and Dad came to watch but Ken had a quiet time without us. It was lots of fun assisted by the fact that all four of us were able to fairly quickly pick up the steps and dance. Sarah got the technique well but Kate had the right “wiggles”.

We managed to meet Ken after that and went for a walk. Saw a museum with beautiful gardens and then found a perfect tea house in gardens hidden behind a wall in a very quiet part of the medina. Had a lovely afternoon tea amongst the flowers then gradually made our way home.






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb