Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
August 19th 2004
Published: August 19th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Rabat - cemetariesRabat - cemetariesRabat - cemetaries

A maže of cemetaries overlooking the ocean
We start our Tour of Duty on the 18 August 2004. Our first destination was Morocco. We flew in to Malaga, Spain where we spend 1 night then the next day, we train down to Algeciras. From there we ferry across to Tangier, Morocco. One point to note that the Moroccan are not very good with time - we have experienced delayed on ferry and on train. Ferry alone was a good experience as we literally are on a cruise ship.
The first thing that stuck us when we arrived at Tangier was the scorching heat. Being close to the the Sahara dessert, the constant winds brings along the dry and hot weather. We could also see sands blowing everywhere. And the road are just madness, very much like those Asian countries. We walked to the Medina to search for an ATM which was a rare treasure in Tangier. There, you could see only male locals sitting in restaurant and imagine their surprises when we were to have mint tea in their shop. There was a lot of curious glances. The medina is a local market that sells everything from clothes to food. Tangier is probably the only town where the medina still keeps its old traditional and interesting outlook since Rabat and Marrakesh have a more modern market.
We went next to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. Its a bit too touristy and modern for us. The only scary experience was when we have to walk through a mae of cementaries to the beach.
 
 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb