A Moroccan Holiday in La Sultana


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 26th 2017
Published: October 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A Moroccan Holiday in La Sultana

Morocco has always amazed me. It is one of the most colorful and magical destinations, with every area seemingly ready to tell a story. I wanted to have a Moroccan holiday and I decided to try La Sultana in Marrakesh.

La Sultana is a one of the 5 star hotels Marrakech is proud for. The hotel is one of the most convenient and promising places to stay if you want to get the most of the Moroccan culture, history and artistry. Located in Marrakech, expect to find yourself in a contrasting yet magnificent blend of red lands and white capped mountains.



Architecture, Artistry and History

It’s not often you’d find yourself in a place which is even more appealing that it’s postcard photo. In fact, La Sultana exceeded my own expectations of the classic Moroccan hotel.

Found near the busy street in the Kasbah, the La Sultana Marrakech is an exquisite property made of five adjoining Riads – a restored unique hotel making it a great place to experience Morocco from artistry to its history

The Kasbah, a historic part of Marrakech, served as a home for the Sultans of Morocco. Up till this day the Royal Palace stands and is being preserved. For the most part, this makes the Kasbah the most authentic Moroccan part of the medina especially with its nearby shops and cafés, all giving its visitors the Moroccan feel.

La Sultana’s Riad houses also have its own identity, with each celebrating its artisans. Each Riad presents a different architecture. Their carved cedar wood ceiling, ornaments, tiles and lamps, makes each an interesting conversational piece. As a restored part of history, its hallways and rooms shows how La Sultana was preserved not only as a place where people can stay during their vacation but also give them a destination to enjoy Morocco while relaxing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb