The Sahara desert


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Oriental
December 28th 2008
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Sahara desert.

The one and only.

We treked out in to the desert the previous night on camels staring up into the star lit skys. Finished the night with a tashein and of course a Bedwin style music recitalthing.

I woke up the next morning freezing as i was outside and the nigh had been harsh and cold. The sleeping bags wer soaked and well and truly covered in sand. I looked up at the sky. It was a pinky orange as if waiting for the sun to aloow its shallow blue to emerge. It was a quick start as i realised the rest of the group were planning to climb a sand dune to watch the sun come up. I clambered up of course not wanting to miss a thing. I have to say the sun rise on that particular morning was not great but as we watched the mist crawl across the smaller dunes it was a sight that will stay with me forever. The sun rose up and shone the mist in such a way that the mist seemed to turn a strange pinky colour as if it was invisable but still there.

We went on to go around a big lake on the border of the desert which was a intresting one for a few hours that day, Although i must be off i must just tell the next morning i got up rather early. noone was awake apart frkom my friend Lucy, one of the adults and I. We decided to take another look at the sunrise before everybody awoke. We climbed the sand dune this time. But there was a nice silent as we sat there and watched. The mist crawled across the valley as before. But then there it was. A magnifecent ball of red fire broke through the clouds into a magnificent light! It was ...well...unexplainable . We were speachless at the sight of this thing that we take for granted every day. The beauty of it that we tae advantage of everyday. It was just sometrhin that no words could explain. It was truly ... amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb