arabian nights pt 5


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Meknès-Tafilalet » Merzouga
July 7th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

You know when you are at the edge of the Saraha desert. The sand dunes seems to rise up out of nowhere, and there are camels waiting all lined up waiting for you! Getting on a camel is a bıt of a balancing act, but once you are up there, it is a very cool experience. We headed out about an hour before sunset, and as we headed out to the camp, the colors of the sand change from yellow to orange to terracotta and red.

Arriving at the camp some of us ran up and down the dunes, some chilling out, recovering from the camel ride. As dinner was being prepared the stars began to come out and I don't ever recall being able to see that many stars ever in my lifetime. After dinner, our cooks became musicians and we sang bob marley til it was bedtime. Most of us decided to sleep under the stars ınstead of the tents, due to the lack of air circulation and view! The stars were so bright you didn't even need a flashlight!

The next morning we woke at 430 to watch the sunrise and then back on the camels to head back to a most delicious breakfast with pancakes and honey. yummy!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb