The Sahara Desert...4x4's and Camels, tents and singing.


Advertisement
Africa » Morocco » Meknès-Tafilalet » Erfoud
March 24th 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

March 16, 2008 We woke up and went to breakfast this morning. It was probably one of the best breakfasts in awhile. I ate a lot! We left the hotel to make our way to the Sahara in Toyota Land Cruisers. We first went to the Valle de los Fosiles, a museum of sorts. The guide showed us various rocks that have fossils in them. They make furniture and figurines out of these fossils. While I was there,... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




18th May 2009

so pleasure to meet you , as you know the desert is the vast area of the dunes , camels on , solitude fields ...etc where also there is a small village called merzouga where i was born. that village situated just in the heart of the motley dunes ; those that called ERG CHEBBI dunes. Most of people in this village are working in the tourist field which i'm one of them too , few guys working in lodges , othere working as drivers/guides , and other as camel men , that one where i work in too , at nights when pick up tourists from the lodge/hotel/motel to the oasis where the tourists enjoying the pretty weather on the dunes , spending the nights under sight moon , accountng the stars , having a mint-tea out side of tents on old berber carpet and rugs , we all finally at nights playing few berber rythmes by drums ...etc , in the early morning we call tourists for taking pictures of the sunrise , climbing and coming up on the biggest dune allover the desert an about 800 m as the alttitude then back down to have the breakfast around afterwards riding on camels back wards the lodges , that's life goes on.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb