Back to British Soil


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
January 19th 2008
Published: September 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.6392, -8.00477

Saturday was uneventful. We had to be up early to head to the airport. I wanted to take all the toys we had and give them to the children as we left but they were all sleeping. To much partying the night before. There was some heightened security around the airport. Apparently the King was flying out that day.

We didn't have any problems at the airport. You just have to fill out another departure card before going through passport control. No worries.

In the end, I am so happy we got the opportunity to visit this place. And I think Steve, Beth and Jim agree. Although very intimidating initially the Moroccan people are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Always welcoming you and joking with you. They are very friendly and truly want to be helpful. There was so much construction in parks and on sidewalks that I can't help but think that more and more tourist dollars will help these people. It's one of those catch 22s. Tourism may ruin the place but maybe it will help the people. Who knows? I doubt Steve and I will go back but we will always have the memory of the Moroccan sun and the lovely people under it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th January 2008

Aw... Nice blog, glad you had such a great time. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure! Louise BrownTravelPod Community Manager

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb