The Kesh!!!!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
February 1st 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After having one to many farewell drinks with Frank the night before I got up at half Eight and attempted to pack my bag for morocco. Packing may have been slightly affected by the previous night activities as I noticed I had left my passport at home when I was half way into London. managed to leg it back and got to Gatwick an hour before the flight. luckily there were about three people on the fight so had no trouble gettin on the plane.

On arrival the weather in Marrakesh was no better than england...5 degrees and raining hard.....

Woke up at seven in the morning and hopped on mini bus with about ten randoms and headed out for the desert. At about nine we had hit the atlas mountains which were freezing cold and covered in a layer of mist.

plodded out to our camp on the back of a bad tempered camel, mine started a fight with the camel in front by biting it on the arse. Having managed to dodge a load of camel spit we arrived at the camp on the edge of the Sahara. Spent the evening in Burba tent drinking tea and attempting a messed up eurovision drum contest between the UK, Poland, Canada and the French. The UK-Canadian team came out on top with a rendition of if your happy and you know it........................luckily myself and Callum remembered to bring some beer with us this may have helped........spent the rest of the evening sitting out under the stars talking crap with some stoned bedoins.

up at the crack of dawn to watch sunrise over the dunes before hoping back on my trusty fighting camel and heading back to civilization. After watching a Canadian student pay £150 for a carpet he could have got for twenty quid in Camden market we boarded the mini bus and set of back to Marrakesh in the blazing sunshine.

We arrived back in Marrakesh at six ind finally met up with Nick who had spent the day dodge carpet sellers and weighing up what night life in morrocan priosns was like, when trying to decided if it was worth buying some hash. Decided against it in the end...

After heading back to our favaourite French bar we spent the night dancing our arses of in the enormosly over prices Marachesh Pasha. Got home at 6ish slept for a till nine bofore hitting the souks for some last minute shopping. I managed to get totaly lost with half an hour left to go before we need to hit the the airport i found myself wishing that i hadn't left my GPS gismo in the Hotel. Made to the to the airport with far too much time to spare.............

Job Done.............


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

PashaPasha
Pasha

No Camels here..........


20th March 2007

Morocco
hey man.....Morocco's awesome, I'm from there!!! www.myspace.com/samiruk

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb