Casablanca and Culinary Curiosities


Advertisement
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca
October 24th 2011
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

If you read our blog or enjoy our photos please send us a message, comment or email. We would love hearing from you while we are on the road. Morocco ……it has a very alluring sound to it. It is known for many things, including its many colorful images, culinary delights and fascinating history. For us, the chance to visit this exotic locale was an opportunity that could not be passed up. Bef... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Welcoming teaWelcoming tea
Welcoming tea

Ryad in Rabat
Dave made friendsDave made friends
Dave made friends

with an Indians fan!!
Slippers at nightSlippers at night
Slippers at night

pointed toes are Arabic



27th October 2011

Morocco has moved up our to-do list now
Love your photos and look forward to the next instalment.
27th October 2011

Moroccan greetings
What a lovely country and such nice people. We are very glad we selected this location. The foods and culture are wonderful. See you soon.
27th October 2011

I have been checking several times a day for your latest trip blog. It sounds like you are having a great time. Wonderful pictures!! Enjoy your time there.
27th October 2011

Hi Brendan
Let's get together when we return and discuss travel. Dave and I would love to hear about your next adventure. The moroccan foods are amazing.
27th October 2011

Morocco!
HI Merry Jo and Dave, Loved reading about Morocco so far, but only the first photo of the Moroccan flag came through. All the subtitles of the photos were intact, however. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'll try to pull up your blog on my computer at work. Would love to see the photos! The cuisine sounds interesting!
27th October 2011

Hi
It's time you hit the road again. Have a great vacation and happy birthday!
27th October 2011

Hi Bob and Linda
We could not agree with you more that it was time for us to explore some new lands. The foods and culture of Morocco are wonderful. Our next installment will provide information about Fez which is a fascinating city.
27th October 2011

I'm with you!
Love it! Because I had to be back in Manila to attend a wedding, I missed Morocco when I visited Spain and Portugal in 2002. It's nearly a decade now, so it is time to head back and check out Morocco too. What stunning photos --- you captured the "spirit" of the place. Write us a journal of every place and food you see/tasted! Can't wait.
27th October 2011

Moroccan greetings
Liliram-- you must book yourself a trip to Morocco! It is a wonderful adventure that fills the senses....sights, sounds, smells...ah, the aromas. More foods are coming. Such friendly people.
27th October 2011

Morocco
I am so envious......Morocco is a place I have been dying to go. I'm reading your blog with even more interest than usual if that's possible. We just got back from 9 days in Rome and 10 days in Paris and had a wonderful time. It was a different trip for both of us in that we stayed in only two hotels (actually one was a B&B) in the almost 3 weeks we were away. It was lovely not to have to pack and unpack every few days. As you know the food and wine were superb.
27th October 2011

Sonja, we send you Moroccan greetings!
You must add Morocco to the list. Great things to explore at a reasonable price. Your recent trip sounds lovely. I'd like staying in one place for an extended time. You'd get to know the people and the neighborhoods. More coming soon. We are a few days behind on the writing.
27th October 2011

Love following your adventures
Thanks for such an informative blog. I love travelling when I am not travelling myself I enjoy taking journeys(from my laptop) through the eyes of fellow travellers. Regards Catherine My travel adventures can be found at blogspot/cabowman
27th October 2011

Hello Catherine
When we return we look forward to reading some of your adventures. Glad you enjoyed our recent publication. We will be writing again soon as we got a few days behind. I'm sure you understand how that happens. Morocco is lovely and the people are so warm and welcoming.
27th October 2011

You guys never fail to impress us with your blogs
I love your descriptions of the food. I'm hungry just thinking about it lol.
27th October 2011

Thank you!!
A country like Morocco makes it so both hard and easy to describe the tantalizing flavors dancing on your taste buds.
28th October 2011

So happy to see you are 'on the road again'
Delighted to read your wonderful blogs and see your great pictures. I have not been to Morrocco ( Val had) but the decriptions of the foods reminded me of the wonderful meals we had in Egypt. Carolyn ( gunga)
28th October 2011

Hi Carolyn,
I'm sure you are the traveler who would love all that Morocco has to offer. I do imagine it is similar to your experience in Egypt. Can't wait to hear what you have planned for your next trip.
28th October 2011

WHAT ABOUT THE COFFEE?
Alluring aromas...taste buds tickled...adventure tingling your skin...wonderful times...expectation of more. All of that was in your blog...but what about the coffee?
28th October 2011

Hi Dave
Yes, we should write about the coffee.... we will do that in our next blog. ....it is thick, flavorful.
31st May 2012

Food glorious food!
We are going to Morocco in October and are very much looking forward to all the tastes and smells (of food of course). Good to read your intro to life there.
1st June 2012

Hi Mert
We loved our time in Morocco. We have the contact information for a guide in Fes if you have any interest. The food was amazing. Let us know if you have any questions. We would love to go back.
10th November 2013

Advice on Morocco
Hallo. We loved reading your blog on Morocco. We are two woman teachers who are planing a trip to Morocco next April 2014 and are interested in driving with a guide. Please could you give us some contacts of where to find affordable reliable guiding services. Thank you so much. Bridget
10th November 2013

Hello Bridget
You are going to love Morocco! let me look through my notes and I will email you the information for a guide. You will love every minute.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb