After a day at sea - Casablanca!


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Grand Casablanca » Casablanca
April 19th 2008
Published: October 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.5756, -7.6178

After a chilly day at sea we arrive in Casablanca, where we get a local taxi driver to take us to the sights. From Rick's cafe to the 2nd largest Muslim temple after Mecca to the palace and the open market - a wonderful Morroccan adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Darold at the MosqueDarold at the Mosque
Darold at the Mosque

What an impressive structure. The Mosque of Hassan II in Casablanca is 2nd in size to the one in Mecca. Still under construction but well worth the visit.
The streets of CasablanceThe streets of Casablance
The streets of Casablance

This street photo was taken across from the Kings' Palace (one of about 40 in the country). We were not allowed to photograph at the palace. Note the men's clothing.
Shhhh!Shhhh!
Shhhh!

We ordered a beer not thinking that we were in a Muslim country on a Sunday. The waiter was slick though. After a bit of a wait he arrived with 2 beers carefully wrapped in a brown paper bag. Don't tell...
Darold's new friends and new outfit,Darold's new friends and new outfit,
Darold's new friends and new outfit,

As soon as we arrived in the market in Casablanca we were adopted by the young man at the bottom of the picture. As he followed us offering to help we were warned by some of the shop owners. It did cost us but he was a lot of fun and he took us to many shops that belonged to his clientele (of course). Darold bought his new Morrocan PJ's (but men were them on the street) from the shopkeeper beside him. Don't believe the photo, his new friend was really very happy!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb