Back up over the mountains to Mahebourg


Advertisement
Mauritius' flag
Africa » Mauritius » Grand Port » Mahebourg
October 16th 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -20.41, 57.7

Final trip to the doctor to get the stitches removed, and we were heading back over the island to Mahebourg. We had made reservations to stay at the same place as before, Le Bamboo. Got ourselves settled in and got on the bikes to go find lunch. There was a place on the waterfront that had received mixed reviews but intrigued us so we decided to check it out.

We were hooked! Sitting outside under an umbrella with the waterfront stretching out into the distant mountains, what a view. For us, the view and service kept us coming back day after day. Our rationalization, eat there during the day and fix our own dinner at night. Worked for us.

We decided we enjoyed Mahebourg best while we were here. It was so easy to bike around the area and the old buildings and atmosphere suited us. From our table at Les Copains d' Abord, we also got to observe a taste of the life around Mahebourg. There was a footpath along the waterfront and you got see strolling families, lovers and schoolkids walking along. There were several small boats coming and going and one ambitious group setting a sail on a boat and then launching it while we were eating. It was a pleasant way to finish off our trip to Mauritius.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb