Last sail on Mamma Afrika


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi
July 11th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -14.0174, 34.851

Last full day at Chembe Eagle's Nest and it was windy but we decided to go out anyway. The wind was erratic that morning and would get still andd then start blowing again. We went to the other side of Domwe Island because it seemed to be calmer. Got to a beach near where we had seen some baboons on the shore.

While we were watching them the wind picked back up again. Decided on the best way to leave the shore because the waves were crashing near where we were. Got back in the water safely and headed back to Chembe Eagle's Nest. Because it was quite windy, we had to paddle almost constantly heading back.

Did most of our packing and then went on a final sunset cruise on Momma Afrika. Because we had such a good wind, we sailed most of the time. Only ones on the cruise so Jeff took us back over to Otter Point to look for otters again. No luck but an awesome sunset.

Had our final dinner in the restaurant and outdid ourselves. No box wine so they sold us bottled red at a discounted price and had two bottles, paid our bill and danced to the music they were playing.
Great way to end our stay in Malawi.




Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb