Me teaching basketball & football..oh dear!


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Southern » Blantyre
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post


The second day at the orphanage was definitely better than than the first - I think there was just far too much to take in that I could barely think!

Anyway highlights of today included teaching a 3 yr old how to play football...they are SERIOUSLY football mad out here, partic. the english clubs like liverpool, man u & arsenal..hehe, it would be really funny if little cute boy (I've nicknamed him Beckam because he was actually v good at kicking!) remembers that a funny looking white girl taught him how to play football!!

Its strange because at first, driving through the villages unnerved me a bit as people stared quite a lot, but when asking the others they said that basically in some villages they had NEVER seen a white person in the flesh, especially as its a new project at this particular orphanage.

We gave out more clothes that we had bought in another village and the children went up in the hall to collect an item each...they were just so happy...feel horribly materialistic now.

Also taught some basketball in the afternnon with the older ones (about 10yrsish) which was a lot of fun as they dont play it much here, should be doing more on Monday and just cant wait! Have to think of some more ball games before then & have been racking my brain..help!!

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb