Oct 22 - 27: Lake Malawi


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Lake Malawi » Chitimba Beach
October 24th 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 14 - 18




Three days of long, hot drives (high 30s) through Zambia and into Malawi...real Africa with the small towns, markets etc. Lukasa Zambia is a surprisingly modern city with lots of inte-national money ....and always KFC! Crossed border to Malawi, no issues just lots of paperwork and line ups...so Zambia check. Then 2 days at Kande Beach on Lake Malawi...90 miles of white sand beach...picture Long Beach at Tofino with similar waves and sand but water around 22c...so...spent most of th past two days body surfing . Absolutely gorgeous place! Visited the local village, homes, school and clinic.... many villagse in Malawi now has a well courtesy of Canada....makes us proud. Schools are 100 kids per teacher but again, lots of Canada flags on books, furniture etc. The medical clinic was a good visit....lots of conversations about health care . Lots of work to be done in this country.

Today, arrived at Chitimba Beach on north end of L. Malawi the next few days for another 2 days on the beach.Thanks for the comments...hard to believe we are half way through our adventure....all good...still loving it all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Sunset Lk MalawiSunset Lk Malawi
Sunset Lk Malawi

After a long and hot drive from Livingstone, it was a delight to enjoy the clean, yet warm waters of Lk. Malawi at Kande Beach. This was sunset, and the local villagers were out in the water enjoying the last rays of sunshine. This included a horse.


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb