Walk to Old Town Lilongwe, Then On To Zambia


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
July 14th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -13.9808, 33.7721

Up and decided to do a little shopping before heading to Wildlife Camp. We wanted to find a "nightjar" for Laura so no walks with the elephants like last year! Zoe told us to go across the bridge and visit the stores there so find the little plastic buckets with lids so off we went.

A maze of people coming and going on the bridge, people washing clothes and themselves in the river, lots of things for sale on the bridge as well. Found a store selling what we needed but they were closed and just unloading wares for the next day. They were willing to sell us the bucket because we could give exact change.

Went to an electronics store and found most of what we needed to make ourselves an extension cord to run electricity to our tent from one of the poles by the lapas. Stops at the pharmacy, GAME, and Shoprite where of course we bought much more than we could carry. Should be used to this by now. Took a taxi back to Mabuya where we had lunch and then did some packing up.

Dinner and enjoyed visiting with girl from Finland, England and a guy that was bicycling from Germany. Moved over to the bar and had some red wine they had finally gotten in! Did not stay up too late because we had to get ready to go in the morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb