Lilongwe


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Central » Lilongwe
June 2nd 2010
Published: June 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip to Lilognwe


We arrived in Lilongwe after a very long flight on May 24.
We took the first week just venturing around the city and attending meetings.

During the time we have been looking to rent a house instead of staying in the lodge we are currently at. To this point we have been unsuccessful but hopefully soon we will find a suitable house.

We ventured to the old city centre several times, to get there we needed to take a mini bus, Lilongwe's transportation system. I will try to post some pictures of it soon, after seeing this no one will complain about the TTC again.

In the Old City Centre there is a market, it was a very overwhelming experience, so many people trying to convince you to buy products. We learned quick that you must bargain and never pay the price asked.

We have found several good places to purchase food, the main staple being Nsima and chicken or rice and chicken.

I started my internship with the National Youth Council of Malawi (NYCOM) yesterday. We are still trying to work out exactly what my work plan is going to look like.

Now that I have the internet at NYCOM I should be able to do frequent updates and hopefully get some pictures posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb