A4 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Libya's flag
Africa » Libya
September 12th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with thier people?

The current political structure/governmnet in this country/region is Military dictatorship. Muammar al-Gaddafi is who has power. He's the dictator which means he's in charge and makes all the policies. He joined the military to control Libya in 1969. Libyan's were agreeing and disagreeing with Muammar al-Gaddafi to take over but Africa was interferring. Phoenicians migrated to the eastern part of Libya while the Greeks migrated to the western area.

I learned that Libyans fought until 1914, so Italy empowers more land. In 1949 votes were determined that Libya should extend from peaceful dementrations. In addition, in 1951 it became idependent. Muammar al-Gaddafi ordered to shut down the American and British military bases in Libya. In 1970, he exclude the Italians from Libya, and highlighted what he observed during the battle between Arab nationalism and western imperialism. I learned about the history of Libya.

Website links

http://www.infoplease.com/country/libya.html

http://www.biography.com/people/muammar-al-qaddafi-39014

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb