Liberian Libassa


Advertisement
Liberia's flag
Africa » Liberia » Monrovia
November 23rd 2015
Published: November 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sadly we had not yet received our permit to cross the intended Guninea/ivory coast border cross and our applications were refused by the ambassador. This permit is only required as the border has been closed for no apparent reason, suspected political/election build up. Plan now is to use our Mali visa to go try the Ivorian embassy in Bamako and enter the Ivory Coast from Mali later in the trip.

This news split opinion in the group, some certain to leave the trip as many see cote d'voire as the highlight and the most important destination. If we are refused entry to Ivory Coast full stop we shall divert around Bakina Faso instead, a potential outcome, a small but not critical disappointment for me personally it is the case.

From Monrovia we spent some time to get shopping and get online, after this most of the group headed to Libassa Eco Lodge, an amazing place clearly built with a lot of Lebanese cash. Multi level pool, bar areas, lake, pontoon, stunning beach, facilities and WIFI!!! we had special permission to camp as the place is mostly empty on weekdays. The intention to leave the morning after 24/11/15 , heading north the next day was injured by a local truck stuck across the road in a ditch on exit from the lodge, God knows how but we wait it out in a beautiful place this time compared to a dirt road in the jungle hah.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb