Nakuru to Eldoret, Kenya


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Rift Valley Province » Nakuru
June 18th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

17 June: Nakuru to Eldoret, Kenya

After a morning shower, we had a warm breakfast. Because so many people were up early, they decided to make breakfast early so my bacon was cold since I was in the shower. But I also ended up having some rice cakes with peanut butter and jelly which was quite nice.

After packing up, we drove off to our last campsite in Kenya. Along the way, we stopped at the super market far a couple hours where we picked up a few items and then went and relaxed at the coffee shop enjoying wifi, mochas, and Samantha got chocolate cake and I some French fries. Then we were back on the road.

Along the drives we have taken, it has been interesting to see the different villages and people we have passed. You see little conceat homes that are various store fronts and many are painted with advertisements over their entire building. The children love to wave at us. The roads have major speed bumps to control speed and at one point I noticed this rubber strip with spikes in it with one on either side allowing only one car from either direction to maneuver through it at any point in time.

Since there are various chores, we have split up into groups of three. My team is with Tamara and Michael (from Sweden). Tonight is out night to cook dinner. We helped Kanyo make pasta with veggie and meatball sauce. Was very good.

18 June: Eldoret, Kenya to Jinja, Uganda

Today we were on the road at 7AM to head to the boarder and into Uganda. We arrived arrive at our campsite around 3:30PM which is sitting next to the White Nile over looking Bujagali falls down from the source of the Nile.

We are here for three full days for enjoyment and optional activities which is expecting to have a tent up for so long without having to pack up and drive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb