super safari


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

We have had a fantastic pre-elective holiday on safari in Kenya. We met up with our fellow medic and lovely friend Esther in Nairobi before heading off together in a safari truck to the Maasai Mara.

Safari blew all our expectations! We had no idea just how close we would be able to get to the animals and were able to see elephants, giraffes, lions , hippos, crocodiles, leopard, cheetahs, zebras, rhinos, flamingos and the migration of thousands of wilderbeasts. Guys, God really is an amazing creator!

As true students we choose the budget 'camping' safari so were delighted to find the 'tents' had beds, electricity and warm showers in them! We were fed and looked after very well so we're not sure what a non-budget safari could possibly involve.

A highlight was spending an afternoon with the Maasai tribe who have maintained their heritage and still live in mud huts, hunting or farming their food. We embarked on a expedition up a mountain with one of the maasai warriors, bow and arrow in hand. A sudden thunder storm just as we reached the top meant we had to sprint back down the mountain. We were privileged to be invited into his family hut and take shelter there with all his goats, calfs and children!

We're heading to Uganda this afternoon and are planning a chilled weekend on an island in lake Victoria before starting at the hospital next week.

Thanks to God for an amazing and safe trip so far.
Keep us updated with how you all are,

Love to you all,
Jessy and Joanna xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb